Mini-Course: Preparing for School-Entry
2 - What is a Cochlear Implant?
IntroductionThis mini-course examines various aspects of what a cochlear implant is and how it is used. Understanding this information will provide you with a foundation for teaching a child with a cochlear implant in your classroom.
After this mini-course, you will understand:
- The components of a cochlear implant
- How cochlear implants work
- How children wear cochlear implants
- How children with cochlear implants interpret sound
- How to differentiate cochlear implant facts from myths
Return to Preparing for School-Entry